Faculty can now add LinkedIn Learning courses or videos directly into Canvas assignments.
NOTE: If you plan to use LinkedIn Learning in your course, make certain to review the content entirely for relevance, accuracy, and appropriateness. You might consider including formative assessments, such as self-reflections or self-check quizzes, to assess student learning of the LinkedIn Learning content.
Contact CLDTSupport@jhu.edu for more information or help getting started!
- Start by navigating to the Assignments section in the course navigation and click the + Assignment button to begin creating the Canvas Assignment.
- Fill in the Assignment Name in top text box. You can later align this with the name of the Linkedin Learning assignment you select.
- Points - Set the number of points the assignment is worth. If ungraded, enter 0.
- Set the Display Grade as field to points or if ungraded, complete/incomplete.
- Set the Submission Type to External Tool, and make sure to check the box that says Load This Tool In A New Tab. Click Find under the External Tool Options.
- In the Configure External Tool pop-up box that opens, scroll down the list of available external tools to click on the magnifying glass icon next to LinkedIn Learning.
- In the Link Resource from External Tool pop-up box that opens, you will be able to use the Search for content bar to search and find the content you wish to bring into Canvas.
- Select Add next to the item you would like to select. Once clicked, press the Confirm button.
- In the Configure External Tool pop-up box that opens, press the Select button.
- In the Canvas assignment, click the Save & Publish button at the bottom of the page to create the Canvas Assignment.
- You can now go to Modules and add this LinkedIn Learning assignment to any module.