Johns Hopkins Engineering provides course collaboration tools for students. We recommend using Zoom (web conferencing platform) or Microsoft Teams (chat and meeting app similar to Slack).
All students have access to these tools.
Microsoft Teams is more flexible for collaboration than Zoom but both enable students to connect remotely with features for messaging, video meetings, screensharing, and collaboration on files.
- To access Microsoft Teams, go to my.jh.edu
- Under Technology select Office 365 Portal
- Click on Teams
- There are two places to collaborate and connect: Chat and Teams
Chat: Click on the pencil and paper icon and enter the name(s) of people at JHU with which you would like to connect. Their name and email will autofill.
- Teams: If you are a member of an existing Team you can click on one of the channels in the Team and connect.
- Chat: Click on the pencil and paper icon and enter the name(s) of people at JHU with which you would like to connect. Their name and email will autofill.
For questions about Teams, contact email@example.com
- To access your Zoom account, go to https://jhubluejays.zoom.us/
- Click Sign In
- Log in with your JHED credentials and set up your account details
Download the Zoom meeting app on your computer and/or smartphone.
- Note: When logging in with the desktop app, please select "Login with SSO" and enter the domain as "jhubluejays".
You can learn more about Zoom by viewing the Zoom user guides and short video tutorials.
Please direct any Zoom-related student questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.