The default setting for assignment submissions in Blackboard is a single attempt. You may change this setting to allow for a specified number of multiple attempts, or simply allow unlimited attempts. Please see the instructions and animated GIF below for details on how to do do this.
- Make sure Edit Mode is set to ON.
- Hover over the assignment link, click the drop-down arrow next to the link, and select Edit. The Edit Assignment page displays.
- On the Edit Assignment page, scroll down to the Grading section and click the Submission Details link. The Submission Details options expand.
- Next to Number of Attempts, click the drop-down selector and choose either Multiple Attempts or Unlimited. If you select Multiple Attempts, you will need to specify the maximum allowable number of attempts.
- Be sure to adjust the settings for Score attempts using… or leave it set to the default (recommended) Last Graded Attempt.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Submit.