GitHub is great but, for your course, you may want to keep the repositories private. While most Git solutions cost money to host private repositories, BitBucket allows students and instructors to create free, premium accounts.
- Go to the BitBucket Education page
- Click Sign Up for Free
- Enter your JHU email address
Note: You must use your JHU email address because this is how BitBucket determines whether you are a student or instructor when generating your account.
- Set up your account by adding your full name and password
- You will receive a verification email. Check your JHU email and click the Verify button in the email from BitBucket
- Enter a username and click Continue