The Zoom LTI (Learning Tools Interoperability) integration with Blackboard allows instructors to schedule and manage, and also start or join a meeting all from within Blackboard. Students can also easily join and view upcoming meetings from within their course sites.
Table of Contents:
- Adding Zoom LTI to a course
- Using Zoom as an Instructor
- Importing an Existing Meeting
- Scheduling an New Meeting
- Viewing Scheduled Meetings via Blackboard
- Starting or Joining a Meeting
- Sharing Cloud Recordings with Students
Adding Zoom LTI to a course
- Open the course in which you would like to add Zoom
- Hover over + and choose Tool Link
- Complete the Tool Link options:
- Name: Enter the title you would like displayed for the Zoom link in your course navigation
- Type: Select Zoom LTI Pro WSE
- Available to users: Check this option so that students can see the link to the Zoom meetings
- Click Submit
Using Zoom as an Instructor
To begin using Zoom, click the link in your course. This will open Zoom within Blackboard.
Importing an Existing Meeting
If the meeting is already scheduled then you can select Import meeting, all you need is the Meeting ID.
Scheduling an New Meeting
- Click Schedule a New Meeting
- Select the desired settings for the meeting
- Click Save
Viewing Scheduled Meetings via Blackboard
Any Instructor enrolled in this course can start the Zoom meeting as an alternative if they didn't create the meeting. All instructors can schedule or import meetings, but only the person who created the meeting can delete it. Once a meeting is deleted from upcoming meetings it will delete it from the view in Blackboard and Zoom. If you choose disassociate meeting that will only remove it from the Blackboard class view, but it will remain in your meetings in Zoom.
Starting or Joining a Meeting
When it is time for the scheduled meeting, students and instructors can access the Zoom meeting similarly.
- In the Blackboard course, click the Zoom link
- Next to the scheduled meeting, the instructor can click Start to launch Zoom and begin the meeting
- Next to the scheduled meeting, the students can click Join to launch Zoom and join the meeting
Sharing Cloud Recordings with Students
- In your Blackboard course, click the Zoom link.
- Click the Cloud Recordings tab. A list of your cloud recordings is shown.
- Don't see your recording? It may still be processing. Once it finishes processing your recording will be listed here.
- Locate the recording you would like to share with your students and click it's Publish slider.
- Students will be able to view any published recordings immediately by the clicking the Cloud Recordings tab within the Zoom link.