All Alternative Hosts added to a Zoom meeting will automatically be added as a Co-Publisher in Kaltura. This will allow alternative hosts to post the recording to Canvas.
Adding Alternative Hosts using the Web Portal to new meetings:
- Sign in to your Zoom account: https://wse.zoom.us/
- Click Meetings, and select Schedule A Meeting.
- In the Alternative Host field, enter the alternative host's name (if the user is under our account it will auto-populate the name for you to select)
- Click Save to finish.
- The alternative host will now receive an email letting them know that they have been added as an alternative host, as long as they have not disabled this email notification in the Zoom web portal.
Adding Alternative Hosts using the Zoom Desktop app to new meetings:
- Sign in to the Zoom desktop app.
- Click on the Schedule icon.
This will open the scheduler window.
- Click Advanced Options.
- In the Alternative Host field, enter the alternative name to search through users.
- Click Schedule to finish, and open up the calendar you have selected. The alternative host will now receive an email letting them know that they have been added as an alternative host, as long as they have not disabled this email notification in the Zoom web portal.
To add alternative hosts to an Existing meeting on the web portal or desktop app you will need to Edit the meeting. There will be an edit button next to the meeting you have already scheduled, from there you will follow steps 3–5 listed above.
Alternative Hosts added in Zoom:
Zoom syncs with Kaltura and adds all alt hosts as co-publishers:
Any alternative hosts listed in Zoom for meetings will then have the ability to add the recording that was uploaded to Kaltura to the course in Canvas. Please refer to this guide on how to add Zoom recordings to Canvas: Add Zoom Meeting Recordings to Canvas