- Verify Grading Scheme is enabled in your Canvas course.
- Check the Total column shows the Letter Grade you expect to import into SIS.
- Open a web browser and go to https://sis.jhu.edu/sswf/
- Click Sign In. On the Faculty Dashboard, choose the Term. You should see your course(s) listed with the option to Import from Excel or Canvas.
To import from Canvas, click on Canvas under grade import.
- You will then receive a confirmation view where you can verify that you have imported the grades successfully and that the grades are accurate.
- To import from Excel, first download your course roster from SIS. This roster should include the SIS IDs and an empty grade column for each student.
Then, export your gradebook from Canvas, and enter the Final Grades from the gradebook into the course roster that was downloaded from SIS. Review the updated course roster file to ensure that the appropriate grades have been associated with each students. If any Hopkins IDs are showing differently due to Excel auto-formatting, change the column format to Text and re-enter the correct ID before uploading.
Save the file as a .CSV file. Upload the updated course roster file by clicking Excel from the import options, and selecting the .CSV file from your computer.
- Click Post to Registrars to submit your grades.
At the end of each term, instructors are required to submit grades to the university registrar through the SIS system within 72 hours of the last scheduled class meeting. If you cannot meet the 72 hour deadline, you should contact the relevant registrar:
- Homewood Courses: Homewood Office of the Registrar
- Engineering for Professionals Courses: email@example.com
Faculty using Canvas may import grades directly into SIS. Use your JHED login and password to log into SIS. For further information about submitting grades, requesting a grade change request, or requesting a grader for your course, view our guidelines.